Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while you might see the Chrome menu in the top right change colors:
- A green menu means an update's been available for 2 days.
- An orange menu means an update's been available for 4 days.
- A red menu means an update's been available for 7 days.
To update Google Chrome:
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now.
The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.