When you first enter app.discuss.io, you'll be asked for camera and microphone permissions:
Example prompt from Google Chrome
This lets Discuss.io check your ability to connect to our meeting room. If you accidentally hit "Block" instead of "Allow", you won't be able to be seen or heard the platform.
The following sections describe how to give Discuss.io permission to use your camera and microphone, depending on your browser.
Chrome on Android
- Click the lock icon in the top left of the browser.
2. Tap on the "Site Settings" button
3. Tap on the camera and/or microphone area under "Permissions". You will need to do this for each device that is blocked.
4. Set the permissions to "allow" for both the microphone and the camera. Then click the arrow in the top left once you are done!
5. Refresh the page and it should work!
Click the Camera to open a settings dialog:
Select "Always allow https://app.discuss.io to access your camera and microphone"
After you've selected this option, reload the page where you are trying to use your webcam or microphone. If you're trying to go through the tech check, you can also just click "Try Again":
Click any of these icons to open a settings dialog:
Click the "x" next to the options "Use the Microphone" and "Use the Camera". This will remove the options from the Permissions list:
Reload the page where you are trying to use your webcam or microphone. If you're trying to go through the tech check, you can also just click "Try Again":
After reloading, you will be asked again for permission to access your webcam/microphone:
Click "Allow" to let Discuss.io access your webcam and microphone.