Internet bandwidth speed affects audio and video quality. In addition, streaming or downloading other items while in a Discuss.io session can also affect the quality.
Other things to keep in mind:
- WiFi is not as stable as a wired connection. A wired connection is recommended for attending sessions.
- If WiFi is being used there are some options for improving the connection:
Move as close as possible to the router (even into the hall!),
- Make sure other tabs on the browser are closed and there are no current downloads active,
- Check if there are other users using the connection (e.g. XBox,
- The connection quality of the other participants may have an effect, and extreme connection distances can also cause latency issues when video chatting.
The more participants in a session, the more possibilities for issues and slower speeds.