Before you begin
- Join the session link on the updated, desktop version of Google Chrome or Firefox.
4. Choose whether you want to listen to the session using web audio or dialing in by phone. We always recommend web audio for the highest quality session.
5. If the moderator has not yet arrived, you will wait in the lobby for the session to begin.
If the moderator or support has arrived, you will immediately join the conference.
Communicating in the Meeting Room
Since you are joining as an observer, your webcam and microphone will be disabled and you will be able to communicate with other observers, moderator, and support agent through the private chat room (called Backroom). You can also engage our customer support representatives by using the Help! button once the recording starts.
Save the moment
You can also save moments of the conversation that you find interesting using our Save the moment feature.
- You can refresh your page at any time for simple audio or video issues. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can notify your support agent.
- Click on the help button on the bottom right of the screen. This will notify a Discuss.io team member to join your session to look into the issue. (Note: The help button is only available after the recording is started, if you need help before the recording starts please write directly in the chat). The agent will respond to your query via the backroom chat so feel free to type your issue there.
2. After you click the button, a confirmation message will appear in the backroom chat. This is not seen by any of the participants in the session.
3. A Discuss.io team member will quickly join and help you out.
Joining a Session with Simultaneous Translation
If you are observing a session with simultaneous translation, you will be asked to choose which language you wish to hear the session in.
If you are connected using web audio, you can switch between languages at any time by using the toggle on the bottom left of the meeting room.