Participants are required to have a working webcam and a compatible browser. To ensure a smooth discussion, all participants are screened for these requirements in advance of the research session.
The Discuss.IO cloud-based software has been designed to be compatible with devices running Windows and MAC OSX, with no special hardware or software required. Linux is not currently supported.
Discuss.io is designed to fully work with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
We don't support any beta versions of these browsers or alternative open source builds of them.
Note: Although you may still use a different or older browser version, you may not have access to all available features. Discuss.io is not responsible for session failure, cancellations or delays, or other problems that may occur resulting from using an unsupported software or devices to access Discuss.io
Take note of both upload and download speeds:
- Upload: ≥ 1 Mbps (recommended lowest level).
- Download: ≥ 1 Mbps (recommended lowest level).
(N.b.: Participants at lower connection speeds cannot reliably send or receive screen shares. Acceptable speed calculated based on sharing a 1024 × 728 px at 10 frames per second. )
- Any standard webcam integrated or external).
- A headset with a microphone.
- If attending from meeting rooms, echo–canceling speakerphones.