You can start a 1v1 or a group conversation with users in the meeting room, keeping your messages private and discreet from other users.
Start a private chat
1. To start a private chat click on the chat icon in the top right corner and then click on the "+ Private Chat" button.
2. A modal will pop up with a list of user to private chat to. Simply check the boxes to add people to your private conversation.
You can also name your chat as well.
Who can use private chat?
- Moderators and Tech Support can start a private 1:1 or small group chat with anyone
- Anyone can start a private 1:1 chat with Tech Support, provided that they are connected to the meeting room
- Observers and Translators can start a private 1:1 or small group chat with Moderators, Observers, and Translators, but not Respondents
Add Users to an existing chat
1. To add users to an exisitng chat simply click on the icon below the chat name.
2. Then, select the users you want to add to the chat. In this scenario, we have added Ashley to the chat.
3. After clicking update, the new users will be added to the chat and can see the previous messages in the room.
If you would not like the users to see past messages, create a new room with your selected users.
Remove Users from an existing chat
1. To remove users from a chat, simply click on the icon below the chat name.
2. Uncheck the user(s) you want to remove and click on update.
Note: You can also choose to remove yourself if you would like to leave a private chat conversation. Just uncheck yourself in this list before you click update.
3. You will then see a message that the user(s) left the chat.
Edit and delete messages
You can also edit or delete your chat messages, in any room. Simply click the 3 dots next to your message, and make your selection.
Chat with Users in the Waiting Room
Private chat works for users in the waiting room, too, so you can keep respondents engaged and informed, and keep the meeting room secure.
Simply select the respondent you want to chat to in the waiting room, they will be designated with a "In waiting room" tag when you go to add them to a chat. Only Moderators can add respondents to a chat.