Several things you should do before session to ensure a great discussion:
- Join with the same set-up you used for tech check (same computer, headset/mic, and webcam) to ensure everything works on your end.
- Join 10 minutes early so the support agent can verify your system requirements and brief you on the process.
- Make sure you are in a quiet, private location with no distractions.
- Use headphones with a microphone to optimize audio.
- Turn off your phone ringer.
- Close any apps, other browsers, or non-Discuss.io browser tabs you may have open.
- Remove other devices in the area from the wifi network.
- Make sure there is no other streaming or downloading taking place on your wifi network.
If you start experiencing audio or video issues during the discussion:
Click the settings gear icon in the lower right corner of the page and ensure the video and audio devices you are using are correctly selected (especially if you've plugged in a headset after joining to the room).
If devices are set correctly and there are still issues, you can:
- Refresh your browser.
- Request the moderator to reset your connection.
- Check that any other devices aren't slowing down your available bandwidth by streaming or downloading.
- Stop the interview and reboot your computer.
If your audio and video issues are too disruptive, you may be asked by the moderator to connect by phone and finish the discussion using audio only. Click the settings button in the lower right corner of the page.
Under Audio in the Device Settings modal, select the Phone option and enter your phone number. Click on CALL ME and wait for a call from Discuss.io (866-557-6716). Enter the PIN and # sign and you will be joined to the room. You may also dial yourself in using Show dial-in instructions and selecting the number for your country.
If you start experience video lag or freezing and it can't be resolved by the above steps:
Turn off your camera using the controls in the lower left corner and continue the discussion using computer audio only.
Or, connect your computer directly to the the modem using an ethernet cable.