The overview page consists of 7 different parts.
1. Personal Meeting Room
The personal meeting room is a personalized meeting room URL available in beta release for all projects on Discuss.io at no charge. The URL is not editable and it based on your project name.
Your personal meeting room is designed for the following uses:
- Training for moderators to get familiar with the platform prior to a live conversation
- Checking stimuli to ensure it appears as desired in the meeting room
- Debriefs between interviews to regroup on learnings and make adjustments to the discussion guide
You cannot schedule an interview for your personal meeting room. To start a conversation, simply click the Join Room link on your project's Overview page.
2. Upcoming sessions
You can schedule and edit sessions in this section.
All your scheduled interviews will be listed here too. You will be able to get moderator and observer links for all sessions as well as see when a specific team lead has been assigned as a moderator of a discussion. If there is no one assigned to a discussion the "moderator" column will show up blank.
Everyone that is added as a collaborator in the "Editors and Collaborators" section will automatically have moderator access granted for all sessions.
On the left right corner of this portion, you have two viewing options:
- All sessions - All sessions scheduled for the project, regardless of who is assigned as a moderator
- My sessions - Sessions that you have been specifically assigned as a moderator
You will also see the respondents that have been confirmed to the interview
3. Document hub
We’ve added folders on your project overview page so that you can find all your project’s documents in one place. The document hub introduces 5 folders to help you manage your project.
Documents in these folders can be viewed, downloaded, and deleted. You now have single place to store and mange documents for your project.
- Screeners - This is where you can upload the screener used to source your respondents.
- Discussion Guides - This is where you can upload the discussion guide used for moderating your sessions. Note: This is different than the discussion guide feature listed above and it only acts as a repository. If you want your discussion guide to appear in the meeting room you need to customise it in the discussion guide builder.
- Respondent Profiles - If you click on "download respondents info" on the "About" section, this is where the excel file will be stored for other team members
- Report - This is where you upload your project report.
- Stimuli - Upload stimulus to all the upcoming sessions using this field. Simply click on "Stimuli" and you will be able to create folders and upload files. Please check our article on supported file types and file sizes.
When a discussion guide, screener, or respondent profile gets uploaded to the overview page, the project owners and collaborators will all get notified with an email that contains a link to view the document.
4. Project Collaborators and Editors
Invite others to access the project and the recordings by inviting them as a collaborator or editor.
Editors are collaborators with extra permissions to create and edit the project's discussion guide, Key Takeaway questions, and to edit and approve the screener.
Only the project owner may add editors.
5. Discussion Guides
Our interactive Discussion Guide builder allows you to create and edit a discussion guide that will be visible in every session in your project to keep your interviews focused and help less experienced moderators do their best. Only project owner and editors can create and edit a discussion guide.
6. Tech Checks
Tech checks are an optional, but recommended, step to ensure that your respondents won’t experience technical issues that could slow down your interview. Respondents should take the tech check on the same device and internet connection they will use for the interview.
A tech check is a short, recorded video response to a question of your choice. Leave it with our default “Tell me about yourself in 15 seconds,” or customize your question by clicking the customize text.
You can also copy this link and share it our to your channels to funnel in tech check responses. These can be reviewed in the respondents page.
After each session, moderators and observers will be prompted to answer customisable questions for each project. Use this section to review and download your colleagues' answers for quick analysis.
In the top right of the project overview page, you will see the settings button with a gear. Here you will be able to manage your project settings.
By default all projects are set as:
- Private - only visible to users added as a collaborator or editor.
- Collect Candidate Availability ON - Respondents going through the Auto Tech Check process can share availability for your upcoming sessions.
- Use stimuli and/or screen sharing OFF - Prevent respondents from joining sessions on mobile devices. Mobile is not compatible for projects with stimuli and/or screen sharing.
- Audio-Only Interviews OFF - Your sessions will include video and audio.
You can change these settings by toggling the checkboxes: