Recruitment Agencies must comply with these terms in order for their candidates to be considered as viable panelists for the sessions. Everything that we have added below is to prevent issues that we have experienced in the past. While much of it might seem obvious, we have had failed interviews in the past that could have been prevented by each of the notes below.
This document will provide the guidance and steps to successfully provide recruiting services for Discuss.io as a vendor. It outlines the minimum requirements necessary to help us deliver our promise.
Review this document in its entirety. The act of proceeding to the next steps in this process will constitute an understanding and acceptance of all the requirements outlined within.
If you have any questions, please contact us through our Support Center.
Most of these requirements can also be found in our Support Center. Before starting with your first project, you should go over the following knowledge base articles: Interview Best Practices, Bandwidth Requirements, and System Requirements.
Submitting Invoices for Payment
Use this tool http://discuss-ap.force.com to submit invoices for payment. (Instructional Video)
An access code is required for submission. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your project manager if you don’t have your access code. You can also check our article on how to submit invoices in our Support Portal.
For the panelists you recruit
- Participants should use a current version of Chrome to join.
- Participants will participate from a location with at least 1MB/s internet connection. If interviews are to take place concurrently in a facility, you should multiply this speed requirement by the number of panelists connecting from the same location (ie. 4 panelists = at least 4MB/s).
- Participants shouldn’t be behind a firewall that might block the connection.
- Participants should close any Skype or any other video conferencing app that uses audio/video drivers.
- Participants have a phone where they can be called.
- Participants MUST go through the technical verification process.
- Participants MUST do the tech check using the same computer, location, and network that will be used for the interview.
- Participants should only participate from their workplace if they can get to a conference room or an office. A cubicle or open location is not acceptable - panelists are not as talkative or natural as they would be if they were alone, and they get easily distracted.
- Participants should be representative of the profile for which they were recruited.
- Participants should have lived in the country for which they were recruited for the majority of their life.
- Participants would ideally have access to a wired internet connection (LAN cable)
- Participants must be questioned on the frequency of power outages and construction in the area they live (In instances where the answer to this is frequently, only recruit participants with backup power source i.e. Electricity Generator).
Roles and Responsibilities
- A recruiting spreadsheet will be created and shared with your team. This document will work as a single location for organizing and sharing session information.
- You should share the full participant profile along with the screening questions responses with us at least 24 hours in advance so that we may deliver to the moderator and client.
- Important: Do not share the participants' FULL NAME. Instead, just add the first name and the last name initial.
- We will add a meeting link to the recruiting worksheet which you will share directly with the participant.
- If interviews are to take place in a facility, the agency must have at least 2 computers prepared. The next participant should be able to get set up even if another interview is still taking place.
- You can communicate directly with the Discuss.io Support staff by using a dedicated room (Request access using the following this Link:: Request Partner Communication Access ). This link should not be shared with participants.
- TIP: If you will have several panelists joining from the same computer consecutively, we advise to use incognito windows so the system will take the new panelist as a different one.
How to conduct the technical verification
- Provide the link that was shared with your agency for conducting tech checks. If your agency was not provided with a specific link, please use https://app.discuss.io/demo
- Join the panelist in the demo room and make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria and that their audio and video are working properly.
The following interview instructions are to be provided to participants along with the interview link and the additional resources found at the end of this document:
- Please join 15 minutes early
- Chrome (preferred) and Firefox are required.
- Your internet connection must meet the minimal 1MB/s requirement.
- Headphones or earbuds are required
- Mobile devices or tablets are not supported
- You must conduct the interview from a quiet, private location away from family members, recruiters, or other people participating in the interview.
- If you are using external speakers (as in a conference environment), your system might generate disruptive echo that will interfere with the interview flow.
- For more information, please check our Knowledge Base article on Interview Best Practices
Email to be sent to recruits for the tech check (example)
Thank you for signing up to participate in our research study.
Before your online interview, we would like to make sure that you have a working webcam and microphone on your computer.
You will not be able to take part in your session until we confirm your session time and perform a technical check of your computer. This will not take more than 5 minutes of your time.
For this test and for your session it is important that…
- You have a laptop or desktop computer.
- You have a headset or earbuds.
- You use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- You have a working webcam.
- You participate uninterrupted, and from a quiet place.
Before attending to the technical verification, please review the Interview Best Practices and if you encounter any issues during the technical verification, you can also find more troubleshooting information in the Troubleshooting Guide.
Kindly contact us via email with your availability as soon as possible.
Thank you for your participation.
Email to be sent to recruits before the interview (example)
Thank you for taking the time to do the technical verification with us. We would like to confirm that you have been successfully recruited to participate in an online interview. Your discussion is scheduled for [DATE, TIME and TIMEZONE].
Please use this URL to enter the discussion: [INSERT LINK HERE]
Please join 15 minutes early so that the technical support team can help you if needed.