Before you begin
Create an account with Discuss.io if you have not done so already. Interpreters are now required to login to attend their sessions so that we can have better visibility on who is joining each session and increase security on our platform.
- Open the URL link you have received prior to the session. The link should look like https://app.discuss.io/######/t where ###### is a 6-digit number.
- Follow the prompt to log in, or create your account if this is your first time.
- You will be taken to the technology check page. This is an automatic process and once finished will take you to the Audio/Video Device selection page that looks like this.
4. Select your audio and video devices and click save
5. Upon clicking Save, you may see a welcome message if the Moderator has not yet joined.
6. Once the Moderator has joined, you will join the meeting room. You will be seen and heard by other users in the room.
As a consecutive translator, you have access to the Backroom chat, if you need to communicate with the moderator, support representative, or observers.